Monday, November 1, 2010

A new blog begins like the rising of the sun, drawn by Apollo's chariot...

Hi!

How strange it is to finally be writing in a blog. I'll be surprised if anyone follows me, but we'll see how it goes.

What better way to start a blog than share a poem? I'm no poet but I admire poetry all the same. I just discovered Sarah Teasdale and I think she'll be influencing my own writing from here on out. I feel akin to her. I drool over every poem of hers I come across. They are like tiny jewels.

Here is one of hers that I've been musing upon for the last couple days:



Thoughts

"When I am all alone
Eny me most,
Then my thoughts flutter round me
In a glimmering host;

Some dressed in silver,
Some dressed in white,
Each like a taper
Blossoming white;

Most of them merry,
Some of them grave,
Each of them lithe
As willows that wave;

Some bearing violets,
Some bearing bay,
One with a burning rose
Hidden away -

When I am all alone
Envy me then,
For I have better friends
Than women or men."

1 comment:

  1. How did this not have any comments until now...a poem is a lovely way to start a blog and hey look ;p you got followers!!!

    ReplyDelete