Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Long time, no write! How are you doing? 


I've missed this blog. November flew by so quickly. NaNoWriMo tends to speed November up, but guys, it's already December. I can barely catch my breath.

The reason I'm able to write today is because of a cold. I woke up yesterday morning with a pounding headache and a sore throat. This morning, it was a stuffy nose and earache, due to a buildup of congestion.

Apparently, I am too old to have the common cold. Noooooo. I have to be plagued with extreme congestion every time, the kind that cannot be cured without vigilant meds.

Are you wondering what happened to my NaNoWriMo escapade? Swoon Reads asked me to share my end-of-the-month experience on its blog, so please enjoy all my The Nightmare Before Christmas references as I share how that went.



I have also finally made a Facebook Author page. I had been holding out on making one for a while, but once the final cover for LOVE FORTUNES AND OTHER DISASTERS was announced, I felt it was the right time. My Facebook page will probably be more focused on writing, but don't be surprised when Disney World sneaks in there sooner or later.


With my copyedits finished and LOVE FORTUNES in interior design, I've got a small break from Fallon and Sebastian's charming world. But the work doesn't stop there. More surprises are on the way. If you've been following my blog for a while, then you're familiar with the stories I've written in the past. You also know that I follow my crazy ideas anywhere, so writing something new is also a thing I do a lot. At the moment, I've got my hands in both new and old tales.

*reads that back* Hoooooo boy. Yeah. I got five stars on being vague, right there.



I'm beginning to think that being infuriatingly mysterious is part of my job description.  

At the end of the month, I'm going to put together a 2014 recap. I'm in sore need to share some great events and moments with you, but I think my medication is wearing off. I need more cough syrup. More decongestant. More naps.  


How's December going for you? Have you finished your shopping lists? Getting ready for vacation? Nursing a cold? 


2 comments:

  1. Even while impossibly vague and mysterious and ill, you're still the coolest.

    Let's also take a moment to freak out about how EXCITED I AM ABOUT LOVE FORTUNES ASDLKFJA;SLKFDJ;AKFAKSFDASJFD. Yes. Wow. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished the semester and came home today. Itching to pick up my holds from the library and start reading for leisure again. Also hoping to do more camp nano planning and organizing other projects.

    ReplyDelete