Thursday, July 19, 2012

T-Shirt Time!

So, I love cartoons.

The best way for me to share the love is, usually, through the magical art of t-shirts. I used to have a huge collection of t-shirts, but recently I've done a massive clean out because... I'm a grown up now. I can't have too many of these things. As a truce, most of my closet is full of lovely bow and bird prints and lace dresses. But I can never forget my t-shirt days.

The shirts I've kept are my favorite cartoon ones - and yes, once in a while, I still love to purchase new ones. Also, my new school year resolution is to wear some of these shirts when I teach. I'll do it. It's going to be fun, haha.

I want to share some of my t-shirts with you - and consequently, some of my favorite cartoons.




From one of my favorite cartoons EVER: The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. Sadly, this shirt is mostly used for pajamas since it's way too big on me. I really didn't expect shirts for this show to be gone already, you know? I'm sad that this is the only one I have. 

However, anything that mentions the mythical Candied Island is awesome in my book. It's on my list of places to vacation along with Nilbog (*cough* Troll 2 joke *cough*).



Ahhh, oldies. To be honest, I had a love-hate relationship with Captain Planet. My brother and I would make fun of it the whole time, but we secretly coveted the power rings. I wanted the wind one, haha.

I watched a lot of Felix growing up - and the movie was by far one of my favorite  things to watch. The scene where Princess Oriana dances in a bubble has stuck with me as one of the most striking animated scenes I've ever seen. So I'm including the clip here, haha:







Regular Show. My brother got me interested in it, despite my initial reluctance to watch it.  The characters are all surprisingly endearing - to the point where I haven't decided who my favorite is. But I got this shirt because I love when Mordecai and Rigby shake their fists and chant, haha. I'm guilty of imitating them... though it usually comes off better when you have a friend to mirror you, haha.


Rocko's Modern Life - another childhood staple. This show is totally guilty of corrupting my mind, haha. I started watching it again recently and what surprises me most is that the show is so quiet. Do you know what I mean? It's actually peaceful to watch, instead of having blaring, heavy sound effects and high-pitching voice acting. 

By the way.... my brother interviewed the creator, Joe Murray, on his radio show. I even got to ask him a question! That was a great fangirl moment, haha. The interview is here... just don't cringe when you hear my voice pop up, haha. (is sensitive about my voice, bwahaha). 



Courage the Cowardly Dog. This is probably my favorite cartoon ever! No joke. I've gushed about Courage before, and more specifically, his creator John R. Dilworth. It's a wonderful treat to be able to wear shirts from this great show. Courage looks delightfully frightened in both shirts.



Adventure Time. Of course. As much as I love this show, it's been difficult to settle on which shirt to get. A lot of the girls shirts have Marceline, the vampire hipster on them, so I've said no for a long time. Her character just rubs me the wrong way, I guess. But I was so excited to see a shirt inspired by the gender-bending episode - so this is the one for me! Fiona and Cake are adorable. And, well, I love the positive energy going on here with the "HECK YES!"



Not a cartoon, I know. But how could I not include Buster Keaton? In honor of meeting  some summer goals (including writing ones), I bought these two Buster shirts. The grey one, I think, is one of the better shirts out there for Buster fans. The fabric is thick though, so I'll have to wait until it gets cooler to wear it for long periods of time. *shakes fist at Florida*

The white tank top makes me smile - all my favorite silent film boys, haha! At the top is Fatty Arbuckle, then to his left is Al St. John, then there's Luke, the talented dog, and finally good old Buster Keaton. This was from Buster's early film years, before he struck out on his own - I really love watching Fatty and Buster's short films. I'm sorry to say that the design for this shirt is no longer available, but if you're a fan of Al St. John (who isn't?), you can check out the other shirts and items from the shop.

3 comments:

  1. I love your t-shirts! Even though I've never watched any of these shows. My childhood was basically cartoonless, except for shows like Arthur. XD

    You're voice isn't horrible at all! It sounds so mature. Though I don't know why it wouldn't, haha. I'm terribly sensitive about my voice as well. >_<

    You know what's sad? I have no shirts that reflect my loves. I really want shirts for my favourite bands, but I don't have any. Did I mention it's sad? And it would be so easily rectified. But I've yet to rectify it. I must, I must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ah, Arthur. I definitely watched that one. I've also watched a lot of other cartoons made for little kids... and continued to watch them even in high school *cough* Blue's Clues, Franklin, Little Bear *cough*

      Oooooh thanks ;_; It's so nice to be called mature. Maybe everyone feels that way about their voices? I dunno. I cringe when I hear myself on home movies. I need to figure out how to get over that >.<

      Yes! You must rectify! But I don't think it's a sad thing. Because you don't have those t-shirts, you don't have to ignore a chunk of your closet when looking for something "nice" to wear (no t-shirts on restaurant dates, right? Haha).

      I suggest getting a t-shirt with something that you really love on it. But, you must fall in love with the design of the shirt too before you buy it; if you think it looks tacky or silly, move on. The perfect t-shirt will just click with you when you find it :)

      Delete
  2. I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE BOLOGNA AND THE SALAMI COMBINED!

    (Wacky Deli--best episode of Rocko)

    ReplyDelete